- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of one (1) to four (4) years related experience
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of agency objectives
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients, patient’s family, employees and vendors
- Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below, and be able to work in the described environment.
- Operate telephone to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information and taking messages.
- Provide administrative support for the Social Workers.
- Assist with handling daily special projects by providing administrative support to various departments, outside agencies and attorneys, as requested.
- Act as the liaison with other departments, attorneys, and other agencies while working on multiple projects and maintain timelines for project deadlines
- Contact new referrals and set up charts for referrals.
- Schedule appointments for referrals and existing patients. Notify appropriate staff and the patient’s attorney of scheduled appointments.
- Remind patients of upcoming scheduled appointments.
- Update and maintain patient charts through the referral process.
- Update and maintain the patient grid.
- Obtain necessary medical records for patient referrals.
- Handle scanning, faxing, filing of medical records and other required documents.
- Assist with community and Advisory programs and events as directed.
- Travel with the Social Workers as directed.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
- You’ll work mostly indoors on floors that are tiled or carpeted
- You’ll be around other co-workers, vendors and community members
- You’ll have possible exposure to occasional slippery floors, chemicals, sharp objects, and hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable
- You’ll be around possible high-stress situations
- This role requires moderate physical activity
- Standing and/or walking for more than two (2) hours per day
- Sitting for more than two (2) hours at a time
- Requires writing and/or computer work with repetitive typing and concentrating on computer screen and/or documents for more than two (2) hours at a time.
- Travel, including flying and/or driving, for more than one (1) hour at a time.